Everyone wants financial security, especially for retirement. It all boils down to how much money you can make, grow, and protect. If you are thinking of adding gold as part of your retirement portfolio, here are gold IRA comparisons to help you in choosing the best fit. After all, this will affect the kind of life you are having when you can no longer work as hard as before.
Reviews of Some of the Most Known Gold IRA Firms
Goldco is revolutionizing the way Americans safeguard their money. Many happy consumers have used valuable metals to expand their investment holdings, protect their retirement savings, and reduce risk over the past decade. With Goldco, individuals may preserve their retirement funds by turning cash into actual gold or silver, or by transferring or rolling over money from an existing IRA, or other eligible retirement funds to a Gold IRA.
- Goldco is a highly rated Gold IRA firm.
- People are knowledgeable and very professional; they respond to all inquiries timely.
- The entire process is efficient.
- They have low annual fees.
- They have outstanding client reviews.
- Upon opening an account that has at least $50k in it, they will waive all fees for the first year.
- You will get 10% of your money back in free silver from them. This rule applies regardless of the size of the transaction. If you put $1 million into a Gold IRA, they will give you $100k in free silver.
- When you spend $50k or more on a qualified order, you will get free metals that are equivalent to 5% of your order in return.
- The minimum IRA contribution is $25k.
- Investors are not allowed to create an account online.
To sum it up, Goldco is indeed one of the best Gold IRA firms with its excellent customer service.
They have been in the metal industry for 10 years. In that period, they have gained enough knowledge and experience to manage other people’s assets. The company has a long history of ethical and trustworthy corporate practices, as shown by BBB’s A+ rating. They have received this A+ rating from BBB after four issues were addressed in three years. Because of 600+ favorable reviews from their customers, Trust Connection has given them 5 out of 5 stars, which is the highest rating they could give.
- Overall, the best ratings were given to this company.
- A wide range of bullion items is available.
- There are various storage options.
- Instead of a scaled fee model, a flat fee model is used.
- The first year’s annual payments are waived.
- The pace and productivity of the whole process.
- They are very transparent.
- They are upfront about their fees.
- They never try to persuade an investor into buying collectibles or numismatic coins that make more money for them.
- A minimum investment of $5,000 is expected.
In summary, Regal Assets won the top spot in the Top Gold IRA Firms ranking for the year 2021 due to excellent customer reviews, practically no complaints, a favorable cost structure, and a large range of IRA-approved valuable bullion coins and metals.
Noble Gold Investments
Noble Gold Investments is the sole premier organization in Texas to have a secure and private gold depository to protect one’s wealth. The organization was formed by Charles Thorngren and Collin Plume. Their primary goal is to provide clients with a safe and simple way to purchase precious metals. They believe in being transparent and increasing the worth of their client’s investments.
- Their principle entails prioritizing the needs of their clients.
- Their advisors will take you through the entire process with ease.
- Their advisors are available at all times to answer any questions you may have.
- You may have pictures of your precious metals sent to you.
- People who aren’t especially educated about investing will be up to date and able to catch up in no time.
- The required minimum investment is extremely low.
- The setup procedure is straightforward and takes just 5 minutes.
- Rapid metals are delivered quickly.
- The first year’s payments are waived, so you can start saving money right away.
- The business was founded in 2017, but the founders have over 25 years of experience.
- Only national storage is available.
Truly, the organization offers outstanding support. Clients are referred to Noble Gold by several CPAs, financial advisors, and lawyers.
Advantage Gold touts itself as the pioneer in Precious Metals IRA for a variety of reasons. The firm has a properly manned IRA division that focuses on converting existing IRA accounts to Precious Metals IRA accounts. The company values education and assumes that the best customer is one who is well-informed. The core of their business and the manner they handle their transactions are informing their clients about the various types of coins and all elements of the Gold IRA. The company provides straightforward and transparent pricing, prompt support, and competent account executives.
- The American Numismatic Association has confirmed them as a member.
- The Better Business Bureau has given them an A+ rating and they are an approved member.
- The Company Consumer Alliance has given them an A+ rating and they are an approved member.
- TrustLink and TrustPilot have also given them outstanding ratings.
- They have a wide section of educational services.
- Advantage Gold is a registered dealer with the United States Mint.
- They have fast delivery.
- There is a smaller variety of coins from foreign mints.
- They’ve only been in service for two years.
On platforms like TrustLink and TrustPilot, Advantage Gold has a huge amount of positive feedback. This firm is a fantastic choice if you are new to precious metal IRAs. The true power of Advantage Gold is in guiding and educating its clients. They have a strong collection of IRA-approved coins from the US and Canada mints. The main disadvantage is that they are new on the scene.
Gold Alliance is a precious metal and gold dealer that assists clients with the purchase of investment metals in tax-advantaged retirement accounts. An IRA for precious metals or gold is a good long-term investment plan. Outside of a savings plan, the company will assist you in buying precious metals and gold.
- The BBB has assigned it an A+ rating.
- On Google, it has a 5-star rating.
- The company provides its consumers with lifelong support. Their assistance entails far more than just answering a phone call.
- Gold Alliance has a senior portfolio management team that will help you, you can reach out to account executives with any concerns you might have.
- Low annual fees
- They offer free storage.
- They guarantee full customer satisfaction. If you are not happy during the first 7 days, the company will give you a full reimbursement.
- The prices of precious metals are not published on their website.
- Since they are a new organization, they don’t have a lot of previous experience.
The bottom line is that even though Gold Alliance is a newbie in the industry, they have already proven their excellence through positive reviews from their clients. Free storage, a buyback policy, and low annual fees are all available with Gold Alliance.
What to Know About Gold IRAs
Individual Retirement Accounts are personal savings plans set aside for retirement. These allow individuals to save and invest money with tax-advantages. Contributions are tax-deductible for traditional IRAs while retirement distribution is tax-free for Roth IRAs.
Ordinarily, IRAs involve a wide range of financial products but are not limited to stocks, bonds, and cash equivalents. However, some companies offer investors to hold precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum, and/or palladium as part of an investment portfolio.
Some people prefer to invest in gold because of its inverse relation to the dollar value. When the dollar value is lower, more people buy gold which will drive its price to a higher amount. Moreover, it is less volatile than the stock market. It is less risky in comparison to other investments. Consequently, adding it to your portfolio will help in balancing the risks especially for long-term investments.
What is a Gold IRA Company?
As opposed to traditional IRAs that encompass a wide range of investments such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, this kind of investment allows investors to hold physical metals like bullions, coins, and other precious metal-related stocks.
If you are interested in investing in metal such as gold, you need a broker to buy the gold and a custodian to oversee your account. For it to be considered IRA, it must meet the IRS fineness standard and must be stored in an IRS-approved depository. It means that you cannot keep the gold in your home or personal safes.
5 Things to Look For When Choosing a Gold IRA Company
One of the best ways to get to know a company is by reading the comments and reviews of the people who already experience what it is like to invest in that particular company. You must look for a company with a good reputation so that you can be certain that your investment is in good hands.
IRA Fee Structure
It is also important to know the exact fees you needed to pay to avoid nasty surprises like hidden fees. Take note that some companies charge more than others. Some of the costs involved: seller’s markup fee, retirement account set up, custodian fees, storage fees, and/or cash-out costs. Do some research for each company to be able to choose the best for yourself.
Efficiency & Delivery Time
Look for a company that will deliver the result with efficiency within the agreed time frame. You do not want to work with a company that keeps on extending the deadline. Look for someone professional who values your time as much as you do.
You have to understand that these people will hold and manage your account. Communicating with them is very important. When you have questions and problems regarding your investment, you must choose a company that is always ready to help.
Alternative Investment Options
More choices mean that you can choose which fits better for your risk tolerance in your allotted time frame. Or maybe you just need to look for another company that offers a better deal. Aside from that, if you feel like investing in gold does not fit your financial plan, other options are available that may be more suitable to your preference.
Buyer’s Guide to Investing in a Gold IRA
Speak with a Financial Advisor or Lawyer
You can never go wrong by asking a person with your best interest in mind regarding very important things such as investment. Someone who has extensive knowledge and experience in law and business will give you much-needed advice. Besides offering you a non-biased opinion, they can explain and offer you other options if need be.
Review Current News for Fraud Alerts
Do your research. Now that almost all information is available publicly, you are responsible for reading news and other information related to the company concerning the investment you wanted to make.
Find a Custodial Company and Establish the IRA
As mentioned, a broker that will help in buying the gold and a custodian that will oversee your account is necessary for gold IRAs. Custodians can be banks, brokerage firms, credit unions, trust companies, or savings or loan associations. As long as it has been approved by state agencies to provide these kinds of services to the clients.
Establish and Fund the IRA
After comparing different IRA options, choose the right one for you. Create an account and then you can start depositing money to fund your investment.
Invest in Precious Metals Via the IRA
You can tell the custodian about the specific precious metal you wanted to invest in. Then he/she will withdraw money from your account to make the purchase. It will be stored in your chosen depository company. The periodic listings of your holdings will be sent to you regularly.
The companies mentioned above are top in the industry. Each has its pros and cons. However, based on the aforementioned criteria Regal Assets has the edge. It has the highest ratings with excellent customer reviews, they are transparent and very upfront with their fees, and their process is efficient. Besides, customers will not give this kind of rating if they are not satisfied with the kind of customer service they have received from this company.
Choosing the best is entirely up to you. You will have to manage each investment’s risks and make up for the weaknesses of the company you have chosen. Just make sure that the plan you have created and your investment decisions fit in your overall financial plan.