Last Updated on June 19, 2023 by Ben
After moving from a low-performing traditional individual retirement account, maybe it is time to level up and execute a silver IRA rollover. This kind of investment may also be a good shift for existing individual retirement accounts (IRAs) investors. Plus, there are many benefits when one possesses a precious metal in their portfolio.
1. Goldco: Editor’s Choice – Best and Most Trusted Gold IRA Company Overall (4.9/5)
2. American Hartford Gold: Runner up – Best Price for Bullion (4.8/5)
3. Augusta Precious Metals: Great Buyback Program (4.6/5)
4. Birch Gold Corporation: Great Staff Overall (4.5/5)
5. Red Rock Secured: Best at Home Gold IRA (4.2/5)
Silver IRA Rollover Companies Review
Investors should consider what to do with their pensions when planning retirement. Moving their retirement savings into a precious metal IRA is a practical option for most people.
A silver individual retirement account rollover permits a retiree to transfer their conventional accounts or 401(k) right into a personal silver IRA. This allows an investor to buy physical silver and benefit from several advantages of possessing silver investments.
The top four precious metal firms listed below offer silver IRA products and services, including their pros and cons, to help readers decide which suits their financial goals.
Goldco: Editor’s Choice – Best and Most Trusted Gold IRA Company Overall (4.9/5)
Goldco Precious Metals is a reputable company that offers silver individual retirement accounts in the investment industry. The institution simplifies a difficult procedure to assist clients in safeguarding their precious metal possessions.
Goldco allows its clients to open their silver IRAs and spread investment risks easily. With a reasonable amount of paperwork, Goldco makes sure that the account creation process runs smoothly.
A financial advisor from Goldco guarantees that clients with an existing individual retirement account do not encounter any difficulties in the rolling-over process. In addition, with a solid investment team, Goldco can ensure that investments are efficiently working for clients.
Goldco Precious Metals gives its clients a sense of direction with its thorough beginner’s guide. This introduces clients to necessary information regarding precious metal investments and how to begin investing efficiently in silver IRAs.
Given its 16 years of industry experience, Goldco deserves to be on the list of top-rated gold and silver IRA providers. The clients are free to fund their accounts with after-tax and pre-tax dollars. However, a minimum investment of 50,000 USD may be a stretch for most frugal investors.
In addition, Goldco Precious Metals are investors’ favorites due to its extensive inventory of gold and silver products. To this day, Goldco already has over thirty types of silver and gold coins to select from, ranging from 0.25 oz of silver to 2 oz.
Goldco gives clients a pass to buy gold bars from their IRA account, including 0.9999 fine bars of varied weights. They can also pick coins from reputable institutions, such as the Royal Canadian Mint or the Royal Mint.
- Goldco Precious Metals holds a vast selection of precious metals available for purchase.
- The pricing method is competitive and transparent.
- Goldco has A+ ratings from various reputable online reviewers.
- Their customer service is available for clients’ queries.
- Goldco offers fee waivers in several cases.
- There is the increased accessibility of products and services due to various available depositories across the United States.
- Only a limited number of gold bars and bullion bars are available.
- A minimum required investment starting at 50,000 USD may be costly for some investors.
- Some investors are disappointed with the price fees on Goldco investments.
- There are no platinum and palladium individual retirement accounts (IRAs).
American Hartford Gold: Runner up – Best Price for Bullion (4.8/5)
The American Hartford Gold’s main objective is to make buying, selling, and keeping various precious metals accessible for investors. It is a private family-owned special metal organization founded in 2015.
This investment firm provides special concessions, such as buyback assurance. They also trade various metals like bullion bars and coins. Another purpose of American Hartford Gold is to assist its clients in acquiring a diverse mixture of assets.
American Hartford supplies gold, silver, and platinum. The precious metals offered by American Harford Gold came from Australia, Canada, and South Africa. Clients only need to pay 10,000 USD as their minimum commitment and 75 USD for yearly IRA fees, making the minimum initial investment criteria in the middle.
With the abundance of fee waivers, the firm is an ideal choice for investors looking for an economical IRA or individual retirement account provider. They do not have fixed fees, and investors can strike a better bargain depending on their financial standing.
The firm operates with financial experts who deliver tailored solutions to its clients. Its clients know the guidance they receive is suitable for their long-term objectives. When in doubt about an investment, American Hartford’s team is consistently open to clear the air.
One key advantage of investing with American Hartford is that it offers complimentary insurance on all acquisitions. Investors do not need to stress about the protection of their assets. All of the orders are safe until they make it to the storehouse.
In addition, American Hartford Gold has achieved excellent ratings for customer service. Customers of American Hartford Gold are intrinsically pleased with the company’s swift reply times and solutions.
It has one prominent flaw: there is inadequate upfront outlay clarity. To check how much bullion investors need, they must speak with a company representative regarding what a specific coin or bar will cost.
- Investors have a guaranteed buyback assurance. They can get their silver and gold investments without any liquidation expenses.
- The American Hartford Gold’s catalog supplies a broad range of silver and gold-colored commodities.
- Depositories are available across the United States, making American Hartford Gold’s services more accessible.
- They are open to client concerns and queries twenty-four hours a day. The financial expert assigned to a particular client will provide tailored explanations depending on their financial circumstances.
- Only a minimum of 10,000 USD is enough to set up an individual retirement account.
- They provide reasonable pricing with outstanding customer support service.
- American Hartford Gold is not included in the online catalog.
- Coins that are only available for the public are in silver or gold
- Services and shipping will not work outside the United States.
- The American Hartford Gold website has a little unclear information and will require the client to check with their representatives for more details.
Augusta Precious Metals: Great Buyback Program (4.6/5)
The first company on the list is Augusta Precious Metals. This financial investment company has been making its name since 2012 by providing clients with premium precious metal products and services. The clients choose Augusta due to its easy silver IRA rollover process.
One of the many things that makes the company stand out among its competitors is its wide variety of precious metals. Various kinds of silver coins and bars are available in Augusta. They also never let their beloved clients invest on their own.
Moreover, they work with top-ranked depositories in the US to ensure that all precious metals are secured. They also allow clients to add metals like silver and gold into their self-directed individual retirement accounts.
This investment company ensures that financial advisors treat all clients fairly and lawfully, helping it build an excellent long-term investment. Augusta employs a team of financial experts to help clients with their investment plans. The crew provides scholarly content to help clients navigate their retirement accounts.
To open a precious metal IRA account in Augusta, one must pay an initial minimum deposit of 50,000 USD. They charge clients a registration fee of 25 USD and a transaction fee of 35 USD. However, no monthly management cost is required.
Augusta Precious Metals also commits to providing complete transparency in its services. All their services do not contain any hidden fees and markups. This implies that they tell their clients the final price without any tricky business.
Assisting their clients and ensuring they have complete control over their finances makes Augusta admired by most investors. Additionally, Augusta comes out squeaky clean, with zero complaints regarding their services online!
- Countless online positive reviews attest to Augusta’s services.
- There are zero complaints regarding Augusta’s products and services on any review websites.
- There is a wide selection of precious metal investments, including silver, platinum, and gold.
- Augusta provides a round-the-clock live discussion on its website.
- A team of financial experts is available for client assistance and queries.
- Educational content regarding investments is available for clients to guide their investment process and journey.
- The services offered by Augusta Precious Metals are accessible across the country due to its several available depositories.
- Augusta Precious Metals requires investors with a minimum investment of 50,000 USD. This, however, is a bit pricey, which is why most investors back out of opening an account with them.
- The main Augusta website lacks information regarding their offered services.
- The bullion option is limited. Coins, such as gold and silver, are primarily available.
- Augusta Precious Metals do not offer platinum and palladium individual retirement accounts.
Birch Gold Corporation: Great Staff Overall (4.5/5)
The Birch Gold Group is a renowned silver individual retirement account (IRA) provider that has been around for more or less than 17 years! The company is one of the most proficient silver IRA providers on this list based on its offerings. It will come as no shock as to why they earned to be on this list in the first place.
With decades of experience, the Birch Gold Group is more than prepared to handle clients of all kinds with their tailor-fitted investment portfolios. The Birch Gold Group ensures its customers do not need extensive measures to create a silver individual retirement account. They have made it extremely simple but comprehensive for individuals to fund silver IRAs.
The Birch Gold Group provides various scholarly materials to help consumers become more knowledgeable about investing in silver IRAs. The content will help them familiarize themselves with the technical terminologies associated with investing in a silver individual retirement account. It also clarifies the prices and tax benefits they may encounter by investing in silver.
Moreover, the Birch Gold Group’s services are not restricted to new investors only. It could be a practical alternative for investors looking to move their traditional IRA funds to the silver one. Birch Gold Group representatives will help pick the suitable custodian per client to make the shifting process effortless.
This investment group also gives clients a wide range of precious metal investments. They offer palladium, silver, and gold at market rates with only small markups. Moreover, the Birch Gold Group offers buy-back insurance on all orders to ensure clients can swiftly convert their precious metals, such as gold and silver, into cash.
Birch Gold Group has innumerable positive reviews on reputable independent review websites. Also, this precious metal supplier has only minimum flaws. This is why investors who wish to have their silver IRAs rollover should consider teaming up with Birch Gold Group.
- Given the 17 years of industry expertise, the Birch Gold Group is one to consider.
- Creating an account with only 10,000 USD could be a green flag for most clients.
- Birch Gold Group presents several educational contents to help clients familiarize themselves with investment concepts, especially about investing in silver individual retirement accounts or IRAs.
- They offer precious metals like palladium, silver, and gold.
- Like other precious metal companies, Birch Gold Group provides free information bundles with straightforward and reasonable fees.
- Birch Gold Group ensures that their beloved customers get the help they need with complicated processes, including setting up an account.
- Birch Gold Group handles most of the client’s paperwork, which helps clients chill knowing that their investments are secured.
- They have partnered with several depositories across the globe. This provides more accessibility for potential clients.
- Birch Gold Group’s exposure to Ben Shapiro’s shows makes them more well-known worldwide.
- Unlike other precious metal investment firms, Birch Gold Group does not offer an option for a live web chat.
- The main website needs an update. To know more information, the client must contact a Birch Gold Group representative for further assistance.
Red Rock Secured: Best at Home Gold IRA (4.2/5)
Red Rock Secured is a financial firm that offers customers a customer-centered approach to investing and asset protection. The company primarily focuses on helping clients build diversified investment portfolios that minimize risk and maximize returns. But, unlike many traditional financial firms, Red Rock Secured strongly emphasizes providing its clients with a personalized and transparent experience.
This customer-centered approach means clients have access to a dedicated team of experts who can answer questions and provide guidance at every step. With its commitment to delivering exceptional service, Red Rock Secured has become a trusted partner for investors looking to grow and protect their assets.
- Red Rock Secured places a high value on customer satisfaction and ensures that its clients receive personalized attention from its team of experts.
- One of the main selling points of Red Rock Secured is its focus on asset protection. The company offers a variety of investment options, including precious metals and cryptocurrencies, which are considered safe-haven assets that can protect against market volatility and inflation.
- Red Rock Secured is committed to transparency in its pricing and does not charge hidden fees. Clients receive detailed information about the costs of their investments upfront, ensuring that they are informed consumers.
- While Red Rock Secured offers a variety of investment options, including precious metals and cryptocurrencies, some investors may be looking for a broader range of investment opportunities.
- Investing in physical assets like precious metals and cryptocurrencies can come with higher costs than investing in traditional stocks or bonds. It may be a disadvantage for investors who are seeking lower-cost investment options.
- Red Rock Secured is based in the United States, which means that it may not be accessible or relevant to investors in other regions around the world.
Benefits of Silver IRAs
Silver investments have been a safe haven for most investors who desire a more stable commodity every time the stock market shows indications of instability. Even though precious metals like silver can be volatile, they are tolerable compared to other commodities.
Here are the benefits of investing in Silver IRAs.
- Investors who want to participate more actively in their retirement portfolio may consider holding a silver IRA ideal for them. They can plan for their long-term strategies with a silver IRA account.
- The demand for precious metals, especially silver, is high. It is not just an excellent addition to one’s portfolio mix. It is also widely used in various industries like electric vehicles, water treatment, and solar panels.
- The value of paper banknotes depreciates and loses its value over time. On silver investments, investors are more protected against inflation and economic recessions. Historically, the precious metal trend has been going upward.
- Having a self-directed silver IRA helps an investor control their asset mix. They have more freedom and flexibility regarding gains and the degree of risk they are willing to take.
Why Invest in Silver Demand
Silver individual retirement account (IRA) is a kind of investment wherein genuine precious metals like gold and silver are in a secured depository account for investors. Why should one invest in silver? Read the three primary reasons below.
Strong Industrial Demand
Silver, like gold and other precious metals, is irreplaceable in various industries. It has several industrial exposures and applications. Silver is present for multiple purposes throughout the world, such as being a fundamental element of energy generation in solar panels and power plants.
Silver is not just an investment account — they are also present in pieces of jewelry, art, and dinnerware. That is due to its malleability, ductility, brilliance, and physical strength. In addition, silver has thermal solid and electrical conductivity for heat and electricity.
Digging in deeper, silver is also present in three vital industrial applications.
Photography uses silver in heavy types of machinery, such as in graphic arts, x-rays, or radiography. Furthermore, photography uses silver nitrate to make several light-sensitive halide crystals.
The photovoltaic (PV) or solar energy industry uses silver’s light sensitivity characteristics. The PV cells convert sunlight into power using silver as a conductive ink.
Silver is the least harmful element to mammalian cells. It has the most potent anti-bacterial activity among other chemical elements. Silver has also been proven effective against all organisms tested, with more success rates than failures.
The top countries, India and China, have acquired tremendous quantities of physical silver as their marketable assets. For instance, China encourages its constituents to invest in precious metals to buy silver bullion. Due to this industrial need for silver, it has become the most well-known investment vehicle globally.
There are a few reasons why silver has a worldwide intrinsic value.
- Silver is a rare and naturally occurring hard asset. It is a tangible investment that no person can produce or manufacture in a laboratory.
- Silver is an adaptable industrial metal. It has thousands of applications in various industries like electronics, solar panels, medicines, and so on. Moreover, new applications for silver are also increasing regularly.
- Silver is a precious metal used for monetary purposes.
Hedge Against Depreciation
Silver IRAs may act as a hedge against monetary asset depreciation. Silver investments diversify one’s portfolio as well as protect their money from volatile economies and inflation.
For instance, when inflation hits an all-time high after major economic trouble, precious metals see an exponential rise in their values. This is why silver is an ideal long-term strategy for devaluation protection.
Since silver is not related to any money class, the government or central banks cannot manipulate its value. Silver has an inverse relationship with dollars. When corresponding to inflation, the silver value remains relatively stable, unlike dollars, which tend to fluctuate.
Furthermore, silver has proven to have an outstanding track record, even thousands of years ago. Its value continues to perform satisfactorily even in challenging economic downturns. This is why various financial advisors convince their clients to convert a portion of their existing IRA account into a silver one.
What is a Silver IRA Rollover?
A Silver Individual Retirement Account (IRA) works as an existing retirement account. Instead of traditional paper assets, it holds actual silver bars and coins. Most investors think this precious metal is an ideal long-term investment and inflation hedge.
An IRS-approved depository serves as the storage of silver assets. Moreover, a silver IRA rollover is entirely tax-free. When the investor reaches their retirement age, their respective silver IRA company will send them the silver or have them sold for cash at any time.
Silver is a famous precious metal that often increases while other financial securities like bonds and stocks lose their value. Also, due to the heavy reliance on major industrial industries, silver investments will always be in demand, even in economic crashes.
Understanding What A Silver IRA Rollover Entails
There are several advantages to buying precious metals. Investors can roll over their current individual retirement accounts to a silver IRA through a rollover process.
Executing a silver IRA rollover is a pretty straightforward process. Before proceeding with the rollover process, investors should understand a few vital points.
The first thing investors must do is find a trustworthy and reliable dealer who can assist them in creating new precious metals IRAs. If you open an account, they will need to give personal data in addition to detailed financial information.
Moreover, a reliable dealer can assist investors with their silver investments fully. They can help their clients select the appropriate silver commodities for their new IRA.
The next step is choosing how clients will finance their silver IRA rollovers. They can do this by rolling over acquisitions from a different retirement account or moving funds from their current IRA account.
Before rolling over, investors must confirm that their investment is qualified for a rollover. The way to do this is to check with their respective dealer.
After funding the new silver IRA account, the next thing to do is select an IRA custodian. These financial organizations are responsible for retaining and safeguarding one’s assets and investments. The custodian needs only basic information for the investor’s silver IRA rollover.
The last step in concluding the silver individual retirement account rollover would be choosing a storage option for the funds. There are two options for storing the silver assets. Investors may choose between holding them in a safety deposit box at their banks or an establishment run by a third party.
Which Accounts Can Be Rolled Over To A Silver IRA?
Although rollovers are a great transition option for more investment options, not all accounts are eligible for silver IRA rollovers. As an investor, they are responsible for researching first whether their existing retirement accounts are qualified for the rollover.
Aspiring retirees with Roth, SEP, Traditional, or Simple IRAs may consider rolling over their investments into a silver IRA. The eligible accounts for a rollover include a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, 401(k), 4013 (b), Thrift Savings Plan, Pension Plane, non-prototype IRAs, TIAA-CREF, and Beneficiary IRA.
A “Hassle-Free” Silver IRA Rollover
There are two choices in rolling over a silver IRA. Investors may decide whether they want to do a direct transfer or an indirect one.
Direct transfer is a hassle-free method to start investing in silver assets. In this option, the custodian deals straight with the silver individual retirement account’s provider. The custodian then writes a cheque to seamlessly transfer the funds to their client’s new silver IRA account.
On the other hand, an indirect transfer process happens when the custodian issues the cheque with the client’s name. This time, the client is the one responsible for depositing the funds to their new IRA. According to IRA regulations, clients must ensure that they have deposited the cheque within 60 days to avoid incurring a fine.
Final Thoughts – Silver IRA Rollover
Silver investments are a worthy addition to anyone’s investment portfolio mix. Even with today’s market volatility, the value of silver still increases exponentially. This precious metal is ideal for investors who are investing long-term and want to settle comfortably during their retirement.
After knowing if an account is qualified for a silver IRA rollover, investors must take their time in choosing a company that offers silver IRA products and services that can match their financial goals. It is essential to start an investing journey with the right company.
After weighing down the various pros and cons of each silver IRA company in this article, the top-ranked is Augusta Precious Metals. Even though there are several companies to choose from, Augusta stood out for many reasons.
Augusta Precious Metals enables their client to invest in precious metals by making it exceptionally simple to create a self-directed silver IRA account. They have a team of financial experts always available to guide their clients through their investing process. The company is also known for its exemplary customer service, with the firm ensuring that its clients receive the support they need.
Lastly, Augusta’s educational resources are great for beginners eager to learn more about investing in precious metals, especially silver investment retirement accounts (IRAs). While the rollover process may appear tricky, a suitable silver IRA provider will help their clients simplify the procedure.