Last Updated on November 14, 2023 by Ben
John Paul DeJoria is an American businessman, donor, and investor who went from being very poor to being worth a lot of money. Even though he was homeless twice, he built a successful business by making Patron whiskey and co-founding Paul Mitchell hair products.
Based on the information known to the public, Mr. DeJoria’s net worth is thought to be between two million and five billion US dollars. But you shouldn’t take this as an exact number; it’s just a rough estimate.
What is John Paul DeJoria’s Net Worth?
In September 2021, Forbes calculated that John Paul Dejoria had a net worth of about USD 2.8 billion. But this is only a rough estimate and not the exact number. In 2013, along with Mark Cuban and Sir Richard Branson, Dejoria was one of the most wealthy investors to appear on Shark Tank.
John Paul DeJoria Biography: A Crash Course
John Paul DeJoria was born in Los Angeles, California, on April 13, 1944. His parents had divorced when he was two, and due to his mother’s struggles to make ends meet, nine-year-old John Paul was selling newspapers and Christmas cards on the streets to contribute to the family income. In 1980, with just $700, he co-founded John Paul Mitchell Systems with world-famous hairstylist Paul Mitchell – their bottles of shampoo were plain white with black letters as they lacked money for colors. Nine years later, he co-founded Patron tequila products, one of the most popular brands in the world today. He also has business interests in various industries.
For his extraordinary success as an entrepreneur and philanthropic endeavors involving environmental protection, human rights, and animal rights, amongst other things, he was invited as a ‘guest shark’ on Shark Tank. During the COVID-19 lockdowns, which caused a 60% downturn in revenue for his hair care company, he provided sharp discounts or exclusive giveaways of products to salons buying them. He shared a small percentage of revenue from sales on Amazon.
How Did John Paul DeJoria Build His Wealth?
John Paul DeJoria’s money comes mostly from his business successes, like when he sold Patron to Bacardi for $5.1 billion in 2018. He has put money into many different kinds of businesses, such as a conflict-free diamond mine, a bison farm, solar companies, a company that makes mobile technology, and a Harley-Davidson shop.
In March 2019, he started ROK Stars, a brand that sells cell phones with essential services like roadside assistance, telemedicine, and drugstore savings. All phones are sold unlocked and come with free 3D glasses.
How is John Paul DeJoria’s Net-Worth Calculated?
Rich people like John Paul DeJoria often own many public shares, which the SEC requires them to tell the public about. This information, along with their publicly known assets like cars, homes, and other properties, and the amount they owe, is used to determine how much they have. For John Paul DeJoria, it is thought he was worth $2.8 billion.
John Paul DeJoria’s Views on Alternative Investments
John Paul DeJoria has supported green projects and other alternative investments. Two years ago, he joined forces with a well-known grower and fruit and vegetable distributor to create the world’s biggest and most technologically advanced indoor farming project.
Self-directed IRA accounts can be used to add rare metals and cryptocurrencies to a portfolio to make it more diverse. Before you start, you should do your research. Reviews of the best gold IRA companies and the best Bitcoin IRA companies can help you with this.
Who Else Invests Like John Paul Dejoria?
Want to Invest Like John Paul DeJoria?
You must be daring and save in a tax-advantaged account to succeed like John Paul DeJoria. The best way to do this is with a self-directed IRA, which gives you access to different asset classes you can’t get with a regular brokerage account.
These are investments that John Paul has made himself, including cryptocurrencies, hedge funds, rare metals, and annuities. Open a self-directed IRA today and start assembling a fund that grows in value without paying or withholding taxes.
Pros and Cons of John Paul Dejoria Net Worth
- John Paul Dejoria is a self-made millionaire and highly successful businessman with a net worth estimated at around $3.6 billion.
- His success was built on his entrepreneurial spirit and hard work, utilizing innovative strategies to build multiple profitable businesses over the decades.
- His investments have also been highly successful, allowing him to reach his current financial standing.
- With a self-directed IRA, John Paul Dejoria can invest in various asset classes and take advantage of tax savings that compound over time.
- As with any investment strategy, risks are associated with investing in John Paul Dejoria’s net worth.
- Investing in a self-directed IRA can be complex and time-consuming, requiring knowledge of various regulations, tax laws, and other variables.
- Investors need to understand the markets to make informed decisions about their investments.
- The value of John Paul Dejoria’s investments could decrease anytime, and investors should be prepared for this possibility.
- Before investing in any asset class, especially one as volatile as John Paul Dejoria’s net worth, it is essential to talk to a financial expert.
- Lastly, there are fees associated with managing and maintaining a self-directed IRA. These fees should be considered when deciding how to invest in John Paul Dejoria’s net worth. With these considerations in mind, investors can make informed decisions about investing their money and maximizing their return on investment.
Final Thought – John Paul Dejoria Net Worth
No matter the size of an investor’s budget or experience level, there are ways to get involved with John Paul Dejoria’s investments and maximize their return. By studying the current market trends and consulting with a financial advisor, investors can make wise decisions about where to invest their money.
Researching different asset classes and investing strategies is also essential, as it can help investors maximize their return on investment. With the proper knowledge and guidance, any investor can tap into John Paul Dejoria’s net worth and grow their wealth.